Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Just Relax!


A while back, I blogged about my adoration with making lists. Well, a few days ago I suddenly realized just how compulsive it really is. We're planning a vacation to visit family on the West Coast, and we've decided to lay off the organization. Normally, we visit at Christmas and because there are so many holiday things to do and people to coordinate, meals and where we're going when tends to be more structured. Not this time. I promised my husband a relaxing vacation where we can anything or nothing or a little bit of both.

Well, I've started thinking about things I want to do (read: places I want to eat) that I don't have the opportunity to do here. Suddenly, I began to wonder whether my brother would want to come, and what his work schedule is and how to work around that, and then there is my sister and her family, and taking into consideration how many days we'll be there...

I cannot tell you how hard it was to not get up and grab some paper to make up a day-by-day calendar (subcategorized by morning/afternoon and meals) to sort out when we could do what and see whom. Fortunately, I resisted. I called my mom and asked her to make a list of everything I wanted to do and places I wanted to eat, and when we come, we can just look at the list each morning and decide if we want to do anything on it or not.

I think that's a fair compromise, right?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...